From Jobs Nova Scotia:
About Our Opportunity
The Department of Lands and Forestry is seeking a dynamic Area Manager to lead program delivery in the Yarmouth and Digby offices. Through the effective leadership of staff and resources, you will be responsible for the efficient delivery of Department Programs including the management of permanent, seasonal and casual staff and associated budgets.
Programs to be delivered include geology, forest protection, parks and outdoor recreation, land administration, private and crown land management, wildlife, and field reports for integrated resource management.
As Area Manager, you will be a vital member of the Regional Management Team and the work you do will help us achieve our Departmental objectives for program delivery across the Province.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Managing the performance of work groups and employees by defining roles and responsibilities, monitoring service delivery progress, evaluating performance and providing feedback and ensuring consideration of collective agreement.
– Ensuring program delivery contributes to the formulation of Departmental objectives, standards and policies to ensure the most cost-effective method of operation is used while providing a safe working environment, and safe infrastructure for the general public.
– Ensuring Human and Financial Resources are utilized efficiently and effectively within the assigned geographic area.
– Managing the delivery and maintaining the effectiveness of all assigned Departmental programs for natural resources management by developing and delivering comprehensive work and budget plans.
– Leading and managing the Area through on-going development and implementation of strategic operational plans and where necessary provide recommendations to the Regional Director and Executive Director.
Qualifications and Experience
Typically, ideal candidates will have a Department recognized two year Lands and Forestry technical diploma as well as several years of experience in resource management, including administration and leadership roles. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Closing Date: 7/16/2020