I missed this one, the deadline for which is 12/27/2021. I have been on the lookout for something related to Prof. Laheys recomommendations, released publicly on Nov 30, 2021, vis a vis implementation of ecological forestry, in particular this:
The Department needs to adopt a more centralized and directional approach to the organization of work on implementation of the FPR and assign overall leadership of the process to a forester who is committed to ecological forestry who has the experience and knowledge to lead Nova Scotia’s embrace of an ecological paradigm. Appointment of this person to the vacant statutory position of the province’s Chief Forester should be considered of this person to the vacant statutory position of the province’s Chief Forester should be considered.
Coincidentally or not much of the job description for the ‘Director Organizational Strategy & Renewal’ seems to fill this requirement.
Some extracts from the advertisement on jobs.novascotia.ca are given below (italics inserted):
Competition # : 33915
Department: Natural Resources & Renewables
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion – Non Union – NSPG
Closing Date: 12/27/2021 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
About Our Opportunity
The Director leads a team of senior professional staff and provides leadership and direction for the development and delivery of multiple plans and strategies aligned to departmental and government priorities. The Director is the Department’s change management lead, providing strategic direction and advice to ensure projects and initiatives are in alignment with overall Government strategy and priorities.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of policy and project analysts in providing project advice and direction, advanced/complex analysis, and evidence-based strategic recommendations to the Senior Executive.
- Provides senior leadership with advice and recommendations to design and deliver large-scale change management initiatives.
- Leads, facilitates, and encourage discussions, presentations, and other engagements at all levels of the department, providing clear briefings and helping management and staff to participate in, and contribute to department-wide transformation and re-engineering efforts.
- Identifies critical projects and opportunities necessary to meet the department’s mandate and provides liaison, coordination, change leadership, direction, and influence, as required.
- Leads and monitors the compliance of programs by analyzing reports and preparing summary and briefings to the Minister (interpreting policies and legislation).
- Leads the development and/or operation of aspects of the internal communications with broad direction from Executive Director and/or Deputy Minister and in collaboration with Communications Nova Scotia.
- Utilizes a broad, deep knowledge of policies and programs to maintain effective and collaborative relationships with other governments, partners, and organizations. Represents the Department on inter-department and internal committees, project teams, and at conferences and meetings.
- Ensures the effective management of human and financial resources by setting and evaluating staff performance targets, promoting diversity and a healthy workplace, demonstrating leadership competencies, respecting corporate human resources practices, promoting teamwork and individual development, maintaining internal communications, monitoring expenditures while adhering to procurement guidelines.
May perform other related duties as assigned.
As the Director, Policy you will report to the Executive Director.
I hope they get some really good, highly professional applicants.